11.5.10

Renewed.

miss this a little.

As I was reading my bible today during my avant-garde "bowl of wheaties" breakfast, I was shocked.
I was reading from the book of Romans, and as I was reading I realized that I have taken this whole Christian lifestyle thing...for granted.
I never realized until now that I have been, and that the things that we have been given are tools and not just by happen-stance.
I was reading the part about how while we were sinners, we were obedient to that, but now that we have grace through the death of Jesus Christ, we are righteous and are obedient to this now.
See, the part that shocked me was that it did not say...you should, you will, you can...it says youare. Instead of being a delightful message, it is full of passion and weight...saying that we are obedient now. Not a question, but a command.
We get to be apart of this kingdom, without doing anything, and given all of this responsibility by the get-go.
chew on that for the day. Romans 6, I believe.
some crazy shit is brewing.
love.peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment