6.5.10

New Beginning

Today was jam-packed!
I got up at around 7:30, ate breakfast, read my bible, and then went to work.
Work was at first frustrating…really frustrating, but it got better once I decided to not be dumb. They had me train underneath this one guy, who is a really nice guy but her is terrible at teaching people. Again, really great guy…just not the best at letting people learn. He had the weirdest habit too…he would say, “fricken A,” or, “seriously,” after almost every sentence. It was not a normal use of the words, but in the most ridiculous parts of the sentence. It was like everything bugged him or everything was a serious matter.

So I worked for the longest time, I have ever had to before in my life…seven hours! I think it is a little embarrassing to tell people that I have never worked an 8-hour job before, but yes it is true.
So I guess that where I work people do not get the normal two days off because there have not been enough people coming in, but I think someone said something about 5 more people coming in and then we get two days off back. Which I am hoping for!
All that I do is clean up after people, which is totally fine with me. I mean it is a little disgusting to touch people’s sheets, but I could care less…you know? One thing I am a little worried about is whether or not I could get a skin rash…you know? Bleh:(

After work, I went running for the first time ever in Yosemite! It was terrible actually, ha! I never realized how high up I am in the mountains; it was like I was breathing half of what I normally do! I think it might be better after about a month of it or so, but jeez does elevation make a difference! It was a little like trail running, but interweaved onto concrete paths, and I officially know where the stables are now…let me tell you, you would not find them without stumbling upon them in the middle of nowhere! So then I just ran to the village store for a few items, and I took the bus home. I am starting to understand the bus system, which is an absolute must for me, at least while I am here…my only means of transportation.

I talked with the girl from queens again…her name slipped my mind, all I know is her voice and appearance. We talked a lot about where she grew up, and what New York is like. We then, talked about September 11, and that was so awesome just getting to hear her side of the story. She knew a few whose parents had died, and she told me an insider glimpse into the day. I wish Galen had been there to listen in and just be fascinated by it all. She told me this one really interesting fact that nobody I have ever talked to told me…I guess all the trains that run through the city shut down, and so people had to walk home that day. So pretty much everyone walked like 3 or 4 hours back home for the day once it happened…the whole Brooklyn bridge was full of shell shocked people just walking home in a trance…from what she told me. It was so interesting.
This has led me here.
Goodnight all. I have survived my fourth day

No comments:

Post a Comment