6.9.09

offensive.


Hello, my name is College. Nice to meet you.
I went to a church this morning, and I have ever been so angry and loved it at the same time.
The sermon was about creationism, out of Genesis. The man speaking was a valid teacher, credentialed and all, that was the most offensive man i have ever heard speak.

He kept on bringing his own opinion into the sermon. evoluntion.portland.liberals.PETA.greenmoevment.globalwarming. he has every right to those opinions.
i think the hardest thing was that evryone around me was agreeing and laughing at all the right points. They were so nonchalant about the things he was saying. That scares me a little, to be one of the few in this church that disagreed.
i am starting to realize how good i had it in the bay. i am starting to realize how amaing diversity of culture can be. i am starting to realize how good it is to have different thoughts around you, instead of being surrounded with like-minded people, in regards to politics and religion.

the last few days have been hard ones. but so good for me. so good.

there have been:
late night walks amongst the woods.
twinkling lights burning in hands.
feelings torn. bridges built. honesty spoken.
open air.
studying.stuying.new thoughts weaved.
coffee,books,freinds.

my mango be ready.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I was worried about that... you moving from the bay area to a little Oregon white town (Seattle seemed so much more your experience). But I guess that's part of what this is all about... getting a new experience and seeing life from a new perspective (regardless of whether or not you agree with it). I hope you don't go crazy! <3!

    Study!

    ReplyDelete