19.6.10

The ones who sleep alone.

For the past two fridays, me and my friend jonathan have been feeding the homeless in downtown san jose.
i am..i have no words for how i feel about it. it is this weird knowing that I need to be down there friday nights rather than at the movies or doing something that costs money. I have money that I could be spending and wasting, but I am able to put that money towards other people.
people that sleep alone.
i can not imagine what it must be like, i pulse red just thinking about accepting food from total strangers because I cannnot support myself. Even asking if they are hungry is hard for me.
and yet...my heart beats for these fridays. it is not a question of whether I am going to do it, it is with whom and where.
I am blessed to be able to meet these people who sleep alone.
Last night we met this woman named Trish. she was a buddhist, and her way of looking at life was beautiful. She slept alone that night.
We also encountered a man who worked on the other side of town. He biked all the way downtown just to sleep...he preferred this park more than somewhere else. He slep alone last night.
Our presence was noticed by a homeless commune. We asked if they neeed food, they answered yes. One guy was a crack-up, he was hilarious! they all sleep alone.
Until otherwise noted, expect me down there every friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment