9.7.10

catdog

It is a beautifully overcast morning.
it is so bittersweet to sit here and know that I cannot soak it up all day...it will leave soon, and my day must begin. alas, it is still the most curiously entrapping thing I have experienced in a while.

I have this dog named princess, and I find her the most annoying thing ever. She can not decide if she likes me or not. She never seems to recognize me because she is probably slightly senile. She snarls all the time and barks non-stop for no apparent reason except to be my downfall. She does not listen to me either. Then at night when she wants to sleep, she curls up underneath my desk and just rests peacefully. She is crazy, but adorable at the same time. a kind of endearing craziness.
Galen always gives me a hard time about treating her well because she is scared of me.

As I was brooding on my bed one night about how annoying she was, I let myself reign in on my feelings and get to the root of what really annoyed me. I thought about it for a little while and let my mind wander...
I realized that I was looking at a mirror image of my soul's spiritual journey, as I gazed into this little rodent's beady black eyes; she was fearfully curled up underneath my desk staring at my every move. Everyday my attention-starved soul screams and yells for love and craves some deep connection with anything at arm's length. I never listen to the Holy Spirit's calling, and my faith is forever doubtful of what God holds dearly in my future. Always though, when I sense damage from others or fear the unknown, I crawl up into our Father's hands: I hide in a familiar known.

I was dumbstruck by the likeness of my brain to this mutt...i offended myself, i honestly had. I was awestruck.
I guess I should try and change huh? Do they have human pounds in heaven? like catdog pounds, but for humans?

i could not help it!

1 comment:

  1. i love you.
    i love seeing jesus pursue you madly.
    and i love seeing you slowly and fumbly grasp and bathe in its reality.
    jesus loves you crazily.mightily.relentlessly. live in it. live ALIVE in it.

    ReplyDelete