29.4.10

a short excerpt

well. look where we have come huh?
I am one final short of finishing my freshman year in college. it is 7:11 in the morning and I am almost done. that is exhausting.
I am flabbergasted...I am done.

This summer i have signed my soul to Yosemite National Park, and i am so glad i did.
Not that I do not want to go home...i have realized that my heart yearns for unexpected and the unknown. i thrive there.
i thrived here. i still am thriving. there is so much to explore!
A lot has happened this year...a lot. ha! Although it was probably the hardest and most stressful year of my life, it has been amazing learning all of the lessons i have learned.
some lessons i have learned:
1. Do not get too caught up in one particular thing.
That happened a number of times. I just get swept up into this frenzy of everything happening all at once, and it gets overwhelming and so i just sort of give up trying to make time for everything else. Do not get caught up...it sucks to come back. somehow you always do, but it is never the same.
2. I believe in God.
That has been a hard coming one. I do not know how much i want to blab on about this one, but God has shown me things i thought i would never experience...He is really compassionate and patient. I am so not deserving of His grace. of His love. of His mercy to show me things. of His fist. of His law. Hard things i am learning, but so so so worth it all.
3. Although you see what is now, you do not know what was then.
This lesson is so pertinent, it is not even funny. This is applied to everything i have experienced this year. people mostly, but same with history. the journey is more than the end, it is all about getting there. i think that is what life is. who wants to focus on the end all the time, and why not the here and now? I love this lesson the most.
4. I love my family.
although they are crazy and slightly dysfunctional..i love them more than anything. i miss them dearly, but i know that they are doing good things for themselves and others.
5. We need to have fun.
it's a fact...have fun. it is as simple as that...just go and do it.

i will leave you with this for now.
today I feel good. God is always good, it just takes a while for us to see the beautiful most of the time. let us remember to love today regardless of what we need.
peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment